Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Jerk

I like to joke that I am homicidal pre-coffee in the morning. While I may not actually be homicidal, I do not think properly until I have had it. I should not check emails, talk to people, or perform any work related tasks until I have downed my first cup. (And not a sissy-sized cup, a real man-sized cup)
This morning, pre-coffee, I took a call from an incredibly irate customer. He was irate through no fault of my own, or fault of the company I work with. I took his tirade silently. My head was screaming "YOU IDIOT, let him have it!!!", but my mouth couldn't form the words. After listening to him rant for a while, I eventually told him to call someone else.
Had I had coffee at that point, I wouldn't have sat there silently.

I wish I could say that was the low point of my day. It went downhill from there. As my day increasingly got worse, my mood also declined. Eventually coworkers were warning other coworkers that I was on a rampage and that they should stay out of my path.

After this day was FINALLY over, I went to my sister's house. I am typing this as I am babysitting. Those of you about to chastise me for blogging whilst babysitting, my niece is sound asleep and I am sitting beside a baby monitor. (The boy child is out with his parents)

Speaking of the boy child, when I got to my sister's house he ran up to me, yelled my name, and gave me a big hug. As far as I know he had never said my actual whole name before, just variations of shortened versions of it. I would have to put that moment as the day's high.
(yeah yeah...I'm a sap)

My sister has been harassing me this week to blog about the dinner that she had made last Thursday for me. She made spaghetti squash with a red pasta sauce and chicken. I found it really tasty. I had never had spaghetti squash before, and it was a great healthy alternative to spaghetti noodles. I should have taken a picture, but I was too busy eating it to do so.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks my twin.