Friday, October 16, 2009

This I Promise You

Last night I had dinner at my sister's, which means I don't have a meal that I made last night to talk about today. However I didn't want my following to think I have disappeared, so I'm going to talk about the Everyday Food magazine today.

Everyday Food is made by Martha Stewart. However, unlike Martha Stewart's recipes, the EF features recipes that are easy to prepare. (There will be no need for cursing Martha the entire time you are making dinner)

The recipes in each issue will be made from ingredients that are in season at the time of the issue's release. For instance, recipes calling for fresh tomatoes will not be printed in January's issue when the tomatoes are not at their best.
All the ingredients are easy to find. (Except for canned chipotles in adobo sauce. I'm beginning to think this "everyday" ingredient is mythical).

I have never made a recipe from EF that hasn't been delicious. And I am always asked for the recipe when I make an EF dish for company. I bought my first issue on a whim about 3 years ago, and since then I have bought every single issue. Do yourself a favor and the next time you are at the grocery store pick up an Everyday Food.


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Delissio was not good enough to blog about?

Angela B said...

I know where to get chipoles in adobo, if you want, I could get some and send them to you. Just let me know and then I'll facebook you with the info.

Rebekah A.d. said...

Sorry. Next time I will blog about delissio.

Angela- that would be awesome. I can't find them in Edmonton!!

Tante said...

Aren't the chipotles in adobo a dance they do on that TV show?

Rebekah A.d. said...

Nay... that's salsa

Adventures of the Homemaking Mommy said...

Haha! Let me know soon cause the guy is coming around tomorrow.