Thursday, October 22, 2009

Happy Birthday

Last night I went to my friend's house for dinner. (Which was delicious by the way). Before dinner I stopped at Blockbuster to rent a couple more movies for Bruce Willis week. My conversation with the cashier went like this:
Cashier- did you find everything ok?
Me- yes I did thanks
Cashier- I see you rented two movies last night
Me- yup
Cashier- and you're getting 3 more today?
Me- don't judge me

Ok. That really didn't happen out loud so much as I imagined that's what she was thinking.

And then after dinner we went to the gym. It's been a few months since I had last been to the gym. This became apparent when 5 minutes into my work out on the elliptical machine, I sounded like I was having an asthma attack.

Since I don't have a dinner I made to post, I figured I would post some pictures from my nephew's birthday party. He's turning 3 this week, and my sister had a party for him last weekend. And, by the way, I have the cutest niece and nephew in the whole world. I know everyone who has a niece or nephew thinks that theirs is the cutest, but mine are the actual cutest.
My nephew's favorite movie of the moment is Wall-E so my cousin and my aunt had made a Wall-E cake for him, which was absolutely adorable.



My sister had also made these tasty B.L.T. sandwhiches. You cut a loaf of bread (like a load of French bread) in half and toast it in the oven. Then you spread cream cheese on one half, and top the cream cheese with the filling. The filling is made with chopped lettuce (you could use a bagged salad), chopped tomatoes, chopped (cooked) bacon, and italian dressing. Very tasty. Shut the sandwhich closed, and cut into pieces. Voila!

3 comments:

Prairie Dawn said...

Cute cake!
P.S. I am going to put a photo of you next to giant wheat on my blog.
That is all.

Prairie Dawn said...

That is not all.
Now that I have a blog I will always say "What the blog?"

Rebekah A.d. said...

OHHHH I should put a giant wheat on mine. What a road trip that was. Second to the we went to Didsbury and raced in the hospital on stretchers