Sunday, November 1, 2009

Little Queen

Hello everybody,
I have had a crazy week this past week. I have been working extra long hours, and it has been a bit stressful. One night I ordered pizza for dinner, and another night I made a soft boiled egg with toast. Not my normal week night dinners.
There has been a lack of time to make dinner, and a lack of time to blog about anything. I am back now and ready to tackle the week ahead. This past weekend I received the chipotles in adobo that I didn't believe existed. (I refer to them as my food unicorn) I also went out and bought a bunch of kitchen things I have been needing, like a meat thermometer and a turkey baster. Excitingly enough, the kitchen store was having a sale on these items, and they were KitchenAid brand. Anyone who knows me, knows I have a love for all things KitchenAid.

I also have a love for Le Creuset. I hope to one day own everything they make in the color of cherry. So far I have four, super cute, heart shaped ramekins. And while I hope to one day own everything, at the top of my Le Creuset wish list are:
A shallow roasting dish:
The grill pan:
The large casserole:
Sadly, Le Creuset is very expensive, and I would need a second mortgage to afford every piece, but I can dream...
While shopping on the weekend, I discovered my newest KitchenAid wish product... a roasting pan:
(Images were found at www.lecreuset.ca and www.kitchenaid.ca)
Anyways, back to this upcoming week. I have planned out a couple of my meals and I can't wait to make, eat and share them. I am leaving you with a glimpse of what my kitchen table looks like during meal planning:
The books on the table are:
Chef At Home by Chef Michael Smith
Mastering the Art of French Cooking by Julia Child
Everyday Italian by Giada De Laurentiis
Feast by Nigella Lawson
The magazine is a ground beef issue by Taste of Home, that I have borrowed from my mom, and she seems to have forgotten I have it...

6 comments:

Adventures of the Homemaking Mommy said...

I can't wait to read your post on the chipotles! Pass on my name if you like for anyone else that wants some, I'm so glad to have found them for you! :o)

Rebekah A.d. said...

Tonight's dinner features the chipotles so I should have something up tomorrow!

Adventures of the Homemaking Mommy said...

Yeah! lol

Tante said...

What about Fiestaware???

Rebekah A.d. said...

It's very pretty and colorful, but since you know how I am, should I really add yet another thing I must collect??

Tante... said...

I know the feeling... I need more cupboards.