Friday, November 6, 2009

Digital Get Down

I have been sitting in front of a computer for the past eleven years of my life. After grade 10, I had had enough of high school in a regular setting. I finished grades 11 and 12 over the computer. I did schoolwork in the morning, and in the afternoon I was working part time.
After graduating I decided I would work for a year before going to back to school. This is hilarious, because I have been working at the same job for the last nine years, and no time soon do I plan on going to school again.
All this to say, even though I have been sitting at a computer for at least eight hours a day since the time I was seventeen, I am completely Internet challenged. Last night I learned how to "hyperlink", and this is a pretty big highlight of my life. Yes, my life is so exciting that hyperlinking is a big deal.
Those of you as Internet savvy as I am, might be thinking "what the heck is a hyperlink?"
Well. Instead of posting an entire link to a web page like http://youmissarenolady.blogspot.com (by the way, this site is awesome, I recommend you check it out) I can set up a word that if you click it, it will link you to the website such as SUPER AWESOME BLOG
Why is this so cool to me? Well now if I post the link to a recipe it won't be as long or messy looking.
Readers who have been with me since the beginning may have noticed that the posts are labeled now, and there's a list of labels on the right hand side of the blog. Now if you are wondering to make for dinner and you say "What was it that Miss Lady made from Mastering the Art of French Cooking?" you can just click on the French Cooking label and you will be lead to only the posts with my MtAoFC recipes. Sweet no? Also, noticed how I hyperlinked the words Mastering the Art of French Cooking to where you can purchase said book. And you should purchase it!
Those of you who already know all this, I am very sorry to be boring you.

3 comments:

Adventures of the Homemaking Mommy said...

That is cool! I've been wondering how to do that too, another blog that I read does that too and I could never figure out how she does it, the labeling is a great idea too, been wondering if I should do that on mine.

Rebekah A.d. said...

to hyperlink... you type out the word, and then youhighlight it and type ctrl+shift+a and then the link thing will come up, and you put in the link you want it to be.
or if my instructions aren't clear enough blogger has a help section on it.

Unknown said...

very fancy!