Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Saturday Night

On Saturday I went to a local Italian grocery store. I have been wanting to go for a while now. I have heard excellent things about their produce, deli, and cheese sections. I found trumpet shaped pasta which I have seen several times in Everyday Food, but never at my grocery store.
I also found the balsamic vinegar aisle. Balsamic vinegar, to me anyways, is like candy. I get intense cravings for it sometimes. I found a couple of neat looking bottles so I had to buy them.



So what did I do Saturday night? I had a balsamic vinegar tasting for one.
To have a balsamic vinegar tasting you need some extra virgin olive oil, some bread (like a loaf of French bread, or ciabatta...not your regular slice loaf of bread though), and some balsamic vinegar. Obviously. In the picture above I have just the vinegar on the plate, but below I have artistically added some olive oil to the plate.
Some people do exciting things on a Saturday night. I am not one of them.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I was starting to think you were never going to blog again....I was so sad!

Rebekah A.d. said...

I'm glad you're reading it faithfully my friend. :) More to come!!