Monday, November 9, 2009

A Whole New World

I love photographs. I like taking them, and I love looking through moments that have been caught on film. Pictures have the ability to say so much without saying anything at all. I have been through art galleries a handful of times (not that I am all that cultured or artistic), and my favorite displays are the photography ones.
A few days ago one of my friends posted a link on Facebook for a photo collection. The photographer is Dina Goldstein, who is based in Vancouver, B.C. The collection, Fallen Princesses, is really really thought provoking. I'm a pessimist by nature and I love the take she has on "happily ever after" for the popular princesses from fairy tales. My personal favorite is the Snow White picture. Let me know what you think of the collection.
Snow White:


Sleeping Beauty:



Not-So-Little-Red-Riding-Hood:

Rapunzel:


Princess and the Pea:


Cinderella:



Belle:

Ariel:
Jasmine:
I had no luck finding somewhere online to order prints, if anyone has more luck than I did please let me know!

1 comment:

An Unexpected Journey said...

first off, love the pictures, favs are belle and jasmine, you find out how to print them and let me know, i want those two lol