Saturday, November 14, 2009

Caramel

I am not a baker by any means. I am the most impatient person on the face of the Earth. The reason I love cooking so much is that everything is open to interpretation. Back when I thought chipotles in adobo were as fictitious as unicorns, I would use Tabasco Chipotle sauce in place of them in recipes. I could remove any item from the recipe I didn't like, and omit anything that I didn't have. If a certain recipe called for only two slices of bacon, I could throw in four.
Baking on the other hand, is a real b...witch. Some recipes even call for you to spoon and level the needed flour. Are you freakin' kidding me? Who has time to spoon and level anything? There's so many dishes wasted too. If a non-baking recipe calls for a cup of something, I eyeball it. In baking, one must actually find the measuring cup.

I was scouring the web the other day and found a picture of the most delectable brownies I have ever laid eyes on. I looked up the recipe, and saw how simple this recipe was, and knew I had to make the Caramel Brownies
The blogger is right. The most annoying part of making the brownies was unwrapping all the caramels. That and trying to save some for the brownies.


The only thing I did differently was used a cake mix for Swiss Chocolate cake. I couldn't find a German version.





2 comments:

Tante said...

You know what else is D-Lish in chocolate brownies... Mini Rolos, they work great because you don't have to unwrap them and they are caramelly. Oh and instead of adding nuts to a brownie recipe I add chocolate chips. And in other news, my 10 pound marble rolling pin has gone missing, have you seen it?

Rebekah A.d. said...

No I haven't. I use an empty wine bottle instead. Reduce, Reuse and Recycle.
Good ideas btw. They sound way better than that marshmallow disaster