Tuesday, November 24, 2009

That's Amore

When it comes to books turned movies, I always make a point to read the book before the watching the movie. I find that sometimes Hollywood screws with the book so much to make the movie, that if I watch the movie first it will ruin the book for me. Take, for instance, The Devil Wears Prada. The book was good, but I wasn't a huge fan of the movie because it strayed so much from the plot of the book. When this happens I get offended on behalf of the author.
Sometimes when a book turned movie comes out, I may have read the book a while beforehand, so I re-read it closer to the movie day so when I do see the movie I am familiar with how it compares to the book. With the recent release of New Moon, I have started re-reading the Twilight series.


I heard a quote from Stephenie Meyer, the author, that when people read New Moon they have a habit of trying to read it very quickly, and that everyone should read it twice. I just read it for the second time, and I would have to agree with her. I liked the book more the second time I read it.
Those of you who hate Twilight, and hate hearing about it... I'm sorry. I will be the first to admit that they aren't extremely well-written, however they are very entertaining. I was absorbed from page 1 of the first book to the last page of the fourth.
I also liked the first movie, but I have also read the book. And I think to enjoy the movie at all, you would have had to read the book. I enjoyed the second movie even more. I think it was mostly due to Taylor Lautner.



Not to say that I have switched from Team Edward to Team Jacob, because I am still on Team Edward.
And while on the subject of moons... I made pizza the other night. It was a very lazy night for me. I topped a pizza crust with some jarred sauce, real bacon bits, grated mozzarella, sliced mushrooms, and sliced onion. I baked it until the cheese was melted, and the crust was golden.



Note how cute I arranged the carrot sticks.
And I am including a picture of my sister's "Super Soup". She will not give me the recipe, but there's canned tomatoes, and zucchini involved. The soup also gets "help" from a little white talking oven mitt. Very tasty soup... if I can get the recipe I will post it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hope you do get the recipe