Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Nigella's Birthday


Today is Nigella Lawson's birthday! A while back I wrote about how wonderful Nigella is (if you click the "wonderful" link you will be sent to that post, which not only talks about how much I love her, but also has a picture of Bruce Willis, win win)
Funny story. A while before Christmas my friend C mentioned she really wanted How to Be a Domestic Goddess, and How to Eat by Nigella. A couple weeks before Christmas (I procrastinate) I had bought her How to Eat. I thought I did such a great job in remembering what she wanted, and I was so excited to give it to her, and I didn't even read it first! A couple days before our gift exchange she casually mentions that she opened her presents from her mother in law. I asked her what she got, turns out I'm not the only person she told about wanting these books. On the plus side, I had also wanted How to Eat and now I own it.

In the preface Nigella says "although it is possible to love eating without being able to cook, I don't believe you can ever really cook unless you love eating. Such love, of course, is not something that can be taught, but it can be conveyed-and maybe that's the point."

She is simply the greatest, and one of my biggest inspirations.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i hear your mom makes the best shortbread cookies

Rebekah A.d. said...

She really does. I have to take some pictures of her Christmas baking and put them up