Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Sriracha Glazed Chicken Burgers















Generally when I see a recipe for chicken wings that I want to make, I make it as a chicken burger. I do love chicken wings, but I really love burgers, especially chicken ones. In a recent issue of Everyday Food, they had a recipe for Sriracha Glazed Chicken Wings. I took the same sauce, and adapted the recipe to make chicken burgers. These were AMAZING.

Sriracha Glazed Chicken Burgers
adapted from Everyday Food
serves 4

Ingredients:

Burger
1 lb ground chicken
3 green onions, sliced thinly
1 tsp Sriracha sauce
1 tsp soy sauce
1 egg
1/4 cup panko bread crumbs
1 tbsp vegetable oil

Sauce
1/4 cup soy sauce

2 tbsp plus one tsp white vinegar
1 tbsp Sriracha
1 tbsp sugar
1.5 tsp grated and peeled fresh ginger
1.5 tsp sesame oil

4 toasted buns, I used sesame kaiser rolls, but the choice is yours.

Directions:
1) Combine all the ingredients for the burgers EXCEPT the oil in a large bowl. Divide mix equally into four, and form them into burger patties.
2) Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium high. Place the patties in the skillet and heat until cooked, about 5 minutes on each side.
3) Meanwhile, combine all the ingredients for the sauce. When the patties are cooked through, pour the sauce in the skillet. Flip the patties a couple times to ensure the burgers are coated in the sauce. Remove skillet from heat.
4) Place the patties onto the buns. If there is any extra sauce in the skillet, drizzle on top of the patties.

You can add lettuce, or any toppings that you like, but I thought there was huge amount of flavor just as is. Honestly, these were one of the best chicken burgers that I have made. I could eat them again and again.

No comments: