Friday, February 25, 2011

Lone Linguine with White Truffle















My roommate has been in Cuba for the past week. I find having the house to myself lonely and sad. HAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAA just kidding, I love it. On my first night alone I celebrated by making Lone Linguine with White Truffle. The recipe comes from Nigella Lawson, (LOVE LOVE LOVE) someone who can appreciate how great time to yourself is. Don't let the truffle part fool you, the recipe calls for truffle oil which is much more affordable than the actual truffle itself. This pasta is rich, creamy and luxurious. Would you expect anything less from Nigella?

Lone Linguine with White Truffle
serves 1

Ingredients:
4 ounces linguine

Salt
1 egg
3 tablespoons double cream
3 tablespoons grated Parmesan
Few drops white truffle oil, or to taste
Freshly ground white pepper
1 tablespoon butter

Directions:
1) Bring a large pot of water to a boil over medium heat. Salt the water and add the pasta. Add the linguine and cook for 2 minutes less than the instructions on the package. Taste it to make sure it's al dente. Remove 1/2 cup of the pasta cooking water and reserve. Drain.


2) In a bowl whisk the egg, the cream, Parmesan, a few drops of white truffle oil and a good pinch of white pepper.

3) Put the drained pasta back into the pan you cooked it in, then add the butter and about 1 tablespoonful of the cooking water. Stir to mix.

4) Stir in the egg mixture and keep mixing so that the pasta becomes smooth, soft and lightly coated. Taste to see if it needs any salt or any more truffle oil and act accordingly.

Transfer the pasta to a bowl and eat alone, and thrillingly.

I didn't have any butter so I skipped that, and it was still delicious. I can only imagine how good it would be with the butter.

3 comments:

Tante said...

Hi Rebek, no butter??? how does that happen?

Rebekah A.d. said...

I thought I had some, but I had run out. Sad.

An Unexpected Journey said...

excuse me as if i bet you cried you missed me so much.