Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Greek Quinoa Salad















I have blogged about my Greek salad before. I have made it as is, or tossed in some pasta to make Greek pasta salad. This time I added cooked quinoa to the mix. Quinoa is pronounced keen-wa, and contrary to popular belief it's a seed, not a grain. Quinoa is an great source of fiber, protein and is also gluten-free. To make it you simmer one part quinoa to two parts water for 15-20 minutes. I used half a cup of uncooked quinoa which resulted in just over a cup of cooked quinoa. If you are adding quinoa to my Greek salad, use a bit more olive oil and lemon juice than what the recipe calls for. 

Click here for another quinoa salad that has been posted on this blog.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I always wondered how to cook Quinoa. Thanks for the info. Can't wait to try it some time.

Saw your mom last night. She is great.

Sandra

Rebekah A.d. said...

It's very good for you, and I quite like it.

She is pretty great!