Friday, September 3, 2010

Snickerdoodle Blondies



















I found a recipe for snickerdoodle blondies on FoodGawker, and I had to make them. The picture on the blog I got it from shows a light and fluffy blondie. I made the recipe exactly as directed, and somehow I ended up with a blondie that was pretty dense, and tasted more like gingerbread than a snickerdoodle. However, I happen to really like gingerbread, and so I really liked these.

(also see after the jump for a picture of my second attempt at cinnamon buns)

Snickerdoodle Blondies
originally by The Sweets Life

 Ingredients:

2 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
2 cups packed brown sugar
1 cup butter, room temperature
2 eggs, room temperature
1 tbsp vanilla extract
2 tbsp granulated sugar
2 tsp cinnamon
pinch nutmeg

Directions:

1. Preheat oven to 350F. Grease a 9 x 13 pan. In a large bowl, mix flour, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt.
2. In a separate mixing bowl, beat butter and brown sugar for 3-5 minutes. Beat in the eggs one at a time, followed by the vanilla. Beat mixture until smooth.
3. Stir in the flour mixture until fully combined. Using a spatula, spread evenly in pan. In a small bowl, mix 2 tbsp sugar, 2 tsp cinnamon, and a pinch of nutmeg. Sprinkle evenly over batter.
4. Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until surface springs back when gently pressed. Cool and cut into squares.

The same night I made those I also made cinnamon buns again. I had no problems with the dough rising this time, and I think it was because the milk was warmer when I added the yeast to it. This is how they turned out:

2 comments:

Tante said...

Hi Rebek, your blondie concoction looks great... I wonder what they would taste like without the nutmeg. Were you surprised that they tasted like gingerbread when there isn't any ginger in the recipe? And was your brown sugar light or dark?

Anonymous said...

I want that. I want that now. There's my in-depth analysis. I want that damn blondie!!!!

David.