Monday, September 13, 2010

Appocado Salad















I'm sorry that I haven't posted in so long, sometimes life can get in the way of the things we actually want to be doing. I am here, and hope to be posting regularly again.

A couple weeks ago a my friend M took me to a restaurant in Edmonton called Dadeo, which features Cajun and Creole cuisine. I ordered a crab cake po' boy (amazing), and sweet potato fries. My friend ordered "appocado salad" as her side. Appocado is an apple and avocado combination. I tried a bite of hers, and I knew I had to re-create the salad at home.

Appocado Salad (inspired by Dadeo)
Serves 4

Ingredients:
2 avocados, peeled and cut into chunks
3 apples (I used blush apples, but any apples that are sweet with a pretty red/pink skin will do), peeled, cored and cut into chunks
1/2 a medium red onion, sliced thinly

Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and toss with dressing:

Honey Dijon Vinaigrette
1/4 vegetable oil
juice of one lemon
2 tbsp red wine vinegar
1 tbsp honey
1 tbsp Dijon mustard

Combine all ingredients in a bowl and whisk together

3 comments:

Gerri said...

ooh, I know what I'm making for lunch tomorrow.

Tante said...

Hi Rebek, Tell me more about your crab cake po'boy...

Rebekah A.d. said...

@Gerri- It's pretty delicious
. Let me know how it was

@Tante- There was a bun, 2 crab cakes, and a mayo type sauce involved. There was lettuce too but I pulled it off since I don't like lettuce on sammies. It was very delicious. The crab cakes were crunchy. This place also makes bananas foster right at your table. I think you'd like it, it has a retro theme inside