Monday, July 12, 2010

Simple Pizza















10 Awesome Things, Part 2

6) Being Tweeted
In Part 1 of my list I included The Bitten Word, as one of the awesome things. On Thursday I noticed that Clay and Zach commented on my post! Which was crazy exciting in itself. Then I checked my stats as I always do. Usually the locations of my readers are in Edmonton or Calgary, and on Thursday it was all places in the States, which was really unusual so I checked the referring website which was Twitter. Since I am such a genius, I figured the two might be related and I checked The Bitten Word's Twitter and saw:

Since I am not an Internet genius I can't figure out how to zoom into this, but the second Tweet says "Does this mean that Bruce Willis is now our #1 enemy? Yes, I think it does" and right beside that is a link to my blog. This may be embarrassing to admit, but I was more excited than a 13 year old girl at a Jonas Brothers concert.

7) Avocados. I have been eating avocados like crazy lately. I have put avocado on top of burgers, in wraps, guacamole, and tossing into salads.
This salad is made with carrot, celery, red pepper, avocado (tossed in lime juice), spinach leaves and dressed with Everyday Food's Shallot Vinaigrette.

8) Holidays
I am taking holidays this week, and I am heading out of town (I DON'T LIVE ALONE, SO MY PLACE WILL NOT BE EMPTY). I'm going to Jasper, Alberta for a couple days and I really cannot wait to be there! 

My friend sent me a link to this blog, and I love it. They talk a lot about running, which is something I have gotten into lately. (call me crazy) They also have lots of really tasty looking recipes. They are vegetarians, however, so there isn't any meat. sadface. Aside from being meatless, I do love this blog.

10) Pizza
One of my all time favorite foods is pizza. I have been making it at home a lot, and the other night I made this one...
Rebekah's Simple Pizza (pictured at the top of the post)

1) I made C's Pizza Dough, this time without using some whole wheat flour
2) I topped the pizza with the basil oil I made a while ago (in the food processor I mixed 1.5 cups of fresh basil and 1 cup of extra virgin olive oil, and then strained it), 2 sliced Roma tomatoes, and pearl bocconcini.
3) I grated some fresh Parmesan cheese on top, and then placed it in a 425 F oven for about 25 minutes (until the cheese had melted, and the crust was a golden brown)
4) After the pizza came out of the oven, I topped it with fresh basil that I cut into ribbons

2 comments:

Tante said...

running?? has someone been chasing you?

Rebekah A.d. said...

My giant behind! ahhahahahahaa