Wednesday, January 12, 2011

J's Garlic Dressing















I worked out with my friend J the other night. Afterwards we had dinner at her house, and her boyfriend, J, made the most delicious salad dressing. It is not for people who are concerned about their breath, as it contains an entire head of garlic. THE ENTIRE HEAD. This s*&t is bananas (B-A-N-A-N-A-S), it is so good.
I will warn you, girl J did say that I was probably the first person who loved the salad dressing, but if you aren't afraid of a little garlic, I encourage you to try it.

J's Garlic Dressing
Makes about 1 cup

Ingredients:
1 head of garlic
1/2 cup white vinegar
1/2 cup oil
juice from one lemon
ground pepper
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated

1) Start by mincing the garlic. You could use a press, but that wouldn't yield chunks of garlic in the dressing.
You will end up with a small pile of deliciousness:















2) Put the garlic in a bowl, and add the oil, lemon juice and vinegar. I used extra virgin olive oil, but I would recommend using a different oil. The olive oil overpowers the taste (even when using that amount of garlic), so use something mild like vegetable or safflower oil.

3) Add the grated Parmesan and a ton of ground pepper. Don't be chintzy with the pepper! Mix and pour over a salad.


















This particular salad is romaine lettuce topped with red pepper, feta cheese, bacon bits and croutons.

The dressing is so delicious. I wished that when I had made it, that I had to good sense to buy some fresh bread to clean my salad plate with. Really, I can't express how tasty I think it is.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can hardly wait to try this one. We love garlic. And garlic is so good for you.

Cousin Sandra

Rebekah A.d. said...

It really is! This was a delicious dressing, I loved it

An Unexpected Journey said...

k no sandra there is no words to adequately express how AMAZING THIS DRESSING IS...

it was incredible ahhh!!!