Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Rebekah's Glazed Salmon















When I made this salmon my intent was to make Nigella's Mirin Glazed Salmon, which is one of the most delicious recipes I have ever made. However, I did not have any mirin at home and I couldn't find any at Sobeys, so I had to make do with what I had on hand. The following came from my head, but was inspired by Nigella's recipe so I probably shouldn't take all the credit.

Rebekah's Glazed Salmon
Serves 1-3 people.

Ingredients:
3 tbsp soy sauce
3 tbsp brown sugar
juice from half a lime
1 tbsp rice vinegar
boneless, skinless salmon fillets *see note*
4 or so green onions, sliced thinly
sesame seeds (optional)
cooked rice, to serve

*Note: I used one salmon fillet for this recipe, but I love sauce. This could actually be good for two or three salmon fillets*

1) Mix together the first 4 ingredients in a small bowl.
2) Heat a dry pan over medium high. Add the salmon and cook about 2 minutes on each side, until the middle looks nearly opaque.
3) Add the sauce to the pan, flipping over the salmon (ensuring all sides have been covered in sauce), and heat for another minute or so. In the end you want a salmon that is fully cooked (should be opaque throughout and flakes apart easily) and the sauce should thicken and reduce.
4) Serve on top of cooked rice, with sesame seeds and green onions on top.

So good!

1 comment:

Kassandra said...

Looks amazing! I want to eat it!