Friday, October 1, 2010

Chipotle Chicken Pizza















I made a quesidilla a while ago that involved chipotles, chicken, avocado and monterey jack cheese. The quesidilla turned out to be so delicious that I took that concept and turned it into a pizza.

Rebekah's Chipotle Chicken Pizza
Ingredients:
C's Pizza Dough
3 chicken breasts, cut into bite size chunks
2 chipotles in adobo, minced
1 clove garlic, minced
1 medium onion, diced
1 Tbsp olive oil
1 Tbsp tomato paste
1/4 cup water
1 cup (or so) grated monterey jack cheese
1 avocado, diced
juice from 1 lime

Preheat oven to 425F
1) Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium high. Add the chicken, cook until golden brown on all sides, about 3 minutes. Add the onion, saute until soft about 2 minutes. Add garlic, chipotles and tomato paste. Heat for a minute, add the water and stir together. Once the sauce thickens (about 30 seconds) remove from heat.
2) Toss the avocado with the lime juice
3) Roll out the pizza dough. Spread the chicken mixture over the dough and top with the cheese.
4) Bake for about 20-25 minutes, until the crust is golden brown

When I first made this, I topped the pizza with the avocado before I baked the pizza in the oven. When I make this again, I will leave off the avocado until the pizza comes out of the oven. I think 20-25 minutes is too much time for the avocado to be in the oven.

1 comment:

JAMSHED said...

Nice Post!! pretty informative..thanks for providing such a nice post.